Monday, October 29, 2007

Eat it, Dee-Dah

Graham has a new game. It evolved out of my early morning attempts to keep Graham in my bed, thus me snug under my covers. We had exhausted "reading" books that Marc and I are able to recite with our eyes still in "resting" position. And, Graham was hungry. He was asking for, "Bol Rai-rais and ghush" (translation: a bowl of raisins and juice.) I told Graham that we could play "pretend cooking" and pantomimed opening a refrigerator, pouring out juice, and giving it to Graham to drink. He bought it and asked for, "More?" Next, I told him to cook something for me, and I received an imaginary juice. (Delicious.) Then, he flew with it, saying, "Peetza? Sky?" I wasn't sure, so I had to verify, "You want me to cook pizza in the sky for you?" "Yeah." So, I did. But, he fed it to his Aunt Betsy, lovingly referred to as DeeDah. He held up his little hand into the air, ahem, I mean sky, jabbed at an invisible face and said, "Eat it, DeeDah."

1 comment:

betsy said...

And then that turned into something of a ritual whenever I was eating around him...